We received the boat last Saturday, and I immediately went to work on it. It was in pretty rough shape, but that was to be expected of a boat in this price range. Some of the unexpected expenses were:
- Completely rewiring the trailer and replacing all lights
- Replacing trailer fenders
- Partially rebuilding the Volvo Penta SX-M outdrive
- Replacing the throttle/ shifter cable
- Replacing the propeller (going with Powetech ELE4 Stainless 15×15)
- Engine exhaust fan and hose
- Lots of little $2 to $40 trim items and hardware
- Probably other stuff I’ve already done and forgotten
- Hull paint, rub rail, and lots of MarineTex and 3M 5200
I’m still waiting on some seals for the outdrive, paint for the hull, the rub rail, and some minor parts, but there isn’t anything major (aside from the outdrive sitting in my garage) preventing the boat from going in the water, floating, and moving under its own power.
I snapped a quick picture when I took it to the storage lot, to show the current state of the boat.