I ordered a few parts for installing the new outdrive. Mostly documenting them here so I have the part numbers in one place for future ordering. The outdrive is supposed to be removed and inspected annually, and they recommend replacing certain O-rings and seals each time.
Reusable and/or multi-use items:
- Volvo SX engine alignment tool (approx $40 for off brand on Ebay)
- Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket #3 (4oz for approx $8)
- Lucas Marine Grease (14oz for approx $8)
- 1x Volvo Penta 3852045 dipstick O-ring
- 2x Volvo Penta 3855081 O-rings, one for each oil fill screw seal
- 1x Volvo Penta 3852560 transom seal
- 2x Volvo Penta 997368 input shaft O-rings
I doubled up all of those quantities this time around and it cost $20+$13 shipping from Marine Parts Express. It’s better to plan for a couple seasons due to shipping costs.